Here are six things I never buy since going low waste:
- I refill all my kitchen and bathroom cleaning products, I use a mix of individual sachets via a subscription box and refill in-store
- Silicone baking mats are a game changer pop your meat or veggies on them into the oven then rinse and repeat a great swap for foil and parchment paper
- Toothbrush heads, yes I do replace mine but with Brushd who provides a bag to send off your old toothbrush heads to be recycled once you are done using them.
- Sisal soap saver bags are a shower best friend, I love buying gorgeous handmade soaps at local markets and then popping them in the bag to lather up all over no waste no mess just soap that lasts far longer than that plastic bottle of shower gel
- Plastic sponges for the kitchen and bathroom are out, I use either a natural loofah which can be popped in the washing machine for a refresh or a compostable sponge that once finished with can go straight into your food waste.
- I never buy bottled water, these companies don’t make water they make profits and plastic bottles so grab yourself a water purifier, fill it from the tap and pop it in the fridge for that all-important hydration.